Before using your Kobo eReader for the first time, charge it for at least one hour. Once your eReader is charged, you can set it up over a Wi Fi connection.
Read the steps to charge your eReader here. Before you start, make sure you have access to a Wi Fi connection.
- Turn on your eReader.
- Tap your language.
- Tap Set up over Wi Fi.
- Your eReader will search for local Wi Fi networks, and show you a list of what’s available.
- Tap the network you want to connect to.
- If necessary, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the network password.
- Tap Join on your keyboard.
- If necessary, tap Date, Time, or Time Zone.
- Tap Continue.
- Your eReader will download any available updates. The updates may take up to 20 minutes to complete.
- Tap the sign-in option you wish to use, and use the on-screen keyboard to enter your details. If you already have Kobo books, you’ll see them being added to your eReader.
If you use your Apple ID to sign in, follow the steps in this article to ensure that your Rakuten Kobo account properly links with your Apple ID.
After you connect your eReader to a Wi Fi connection, you’ll be prompted to sign in to your eReader.
To sign in to your eReader, you’ll need a Kobo account. If you’re new to Kobo and do not have an account, under ‘Create an account’, tap Set up a new Kobo account and follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: If you prefer to create an account using the Kobo website, follow the steps in this article:
After you create a Kobo account, use the credentials to sign in to your Kobo eReader, apps, and services.
Problems setting up with Wi Fi?
If you have trouble connecting with Wi Fi, read the Wi Fi set up tips here:
If you have trouble setting up over Wi Fi, you can use your computer to set up your eReader. Follow the steps in this article to learn how: