If a factory reset didn't solve your problem, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings.
After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again.
Before you start:
- Charge your eReader for at least 1 hour.
- Make sure you have access to a Wi Fi connection.
- Press and hold the power button until you see a black 'Powered off' screen.
Note: If you don't see the 'Powered off' screen, go to the next step.
- Press and hold one of the page turn buttons.
- While holding the page turn button, press and hold the power button.
- Wait until the screen flashes and starts the reset process. It usually takes about 30-seconds for the eReader to start the reset process.
Set up your eReader
After you reset your eReader, set it up over Wi Fi or with the Kobo Desktop app on your computer.
Note: If you have issues setting up your Kobo eReader over Wi Fi, use the Kobo Desktop app to set up your eReader with your computer.