Factory reset your Kobo eReader to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a factory reset, you’ll have to set up and sync your eReader again.
Before you reset your eReader:
- Try the troubleshooting steps in this article first.
- If you’re missing a book on your eReader, try the steps in this article before you reset your eReader.
If you reset your eReader, you'll:
- Remove all books from your eReader. Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded after a factory reset.
- Lose any bookmarks and annotations you've made in your books since you last synced your eReader.
- Sign out of your account on your eReader.
- Reset all of your settings and preferences.
- Return your eReader to its original settings.
To reset your eReader:
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device information.
- Tap Factory reset under Advanced.
- Tap Reset Now.
After you reset your eReader, follow the on screen steps to set up your eReader again.
If you have issues setting up your Kobo eReader over Wi Fi, use the Kobo Desktop app to set up your eReader with your computer.
The steps above doesn’t fix my problem
If the steps above didn’t solve your problem, you may need to perform a factory reset specific to your Kobo eReader called a “manual” factory reset. Read the steps here to learn more: