If a factory reset on your Kobo eReader didn’t fix the problem, try a ‘manual’ reset.
Manual reset instructions are specific to each eReader model. After a manual reset, you’ll need to set up your eReader again.
If you have a Kobo Arc tablet with a coloured screen, follow the steps in this article to reset your tablet: Manually update your Kobo Arc.
The steps below are for Kobo eReaders that have a black and white screen.
Before you start
Try the factory reset steps to see if it fixes the problem.
Verify which eReader you have.
If you’re not sure what which Kobo eReader you have, follow the steps in this article: Kobo eReader model numbers.
A few things to keep in mind
If you perform a factory reset on your eReader, you will:
- Remove all books from your eReader.
Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded after a factory reset.
- Remove books you've added to your eReader using your computer.
For example, if you added non-protected PDF and ePub files using your computer, those files will be deleted.
- Lose any bookmarks and annotations you've made in your books since you last synced your eReader.
- Sign out of your account on your eReader.
- Reset all of your settings and preferences.
- Return your eReader to its original settings.
Manual reset instructions
Select the name of your eReader below to see the manual reset steps.