If your eReader is experiencing battery or charging problems, try these steps.
Connect your eReader to your computer and let it charge for a minimum of 1 hour. To fully charge your eReader, charge your eReader for three hours and see if your eReader turns on.
If you haven't used your eReader in a while, it may not detect the computer right away.
Before you start
- Make sure your eReader has the latest updates. In some cases, a software update may fix battery issues.
To improve your eReader's battery life, try the following:
SleepCover battery issues and tips
If you have a Kobo SleepCover and experience battery issues:
- Ensure that you're using a genuine Kobo SleepCover purchased from the Kobo Store or authorized reseller.
- Ensure your eReader isn't stacked on top of another device or accessory that contains magnets, as this may trigger your eReader to turn on automatically.
- If you store your eReader in your backpack while travelling, ensure that your SleepCover is secure so that the SleepCover won't shift around accidentally, as this may trigger your eReader to turn on.
Step 1 of 2: Charge your eReader
- Connect a microUSB cable to your eReader and connect the other end of the microUSB cable to your computer. Your computer needs to be turned on to charge your eReader.
- If you see a light on your eReader, it means that your eReader is low on battery. Let your eReader charge for at least one hour.
If your eReader isn’t charging:
- Use a different cable.
- Use a different USB port on your computer.
- You can also use a USB power adapter to charge your eReader using an electrical outlet.
- Remove any USB hubs that are connected to your computer and connect your eReader directly to your computer's USB port.
- If you haven't used your eReader in a while, it may not detect the computer right away.
What to do next:
- If your eReader turns on, it means that your battery is low. You can charge your eReader more frequently to prevent the battery from going too low.
- If your eReader doesn’t turn on after charging for one hour, contact Kobo Customer care.
Step 2 of 2: Turn your eReader on and off
If your eReader turns on after charging:
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Wait for 5 seconds.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn your eReader back on.
What to do next:
- If your eReader turns on, try a factory reset.
- Troubleshoot issues connecting your eReader to your computer with a USB cable
- If your eReader doesn’t turn on, contact Kobo Customer care.