If your eReader is experiencing battery or charging problems, try these steps.
Connect your eReader to your computer and let it charge for a minimum of 1 hour. To fully charge your eReader, charge your eReader for three hours and see if your eReader turns on.
If you haven't used your eReader in a while, it may not detect the computer right away.
Step 1 of 2: Charge your eReader
- Connect a microUSB cable to your eReader and connect the other end of the microUSB cable to your computer. Your computer needs to be turned on to charge your eReader.
- If you see a light on your eReader, it means that your eReader is low on battery. Let your eReader charge for at least one hour.
If your eReader isn’t charging:
- Use a different cable.
- Use a different USB port on your computer.
- You can also use a USB power adapter to charge your eReader using an electrical outlet.
- Remove any USB hubs that are connected to your computer and connect your eReader directly to your computer's USB port.
- If you haven't used your eReader in a while, it may not detect the computer right away.
What to do next:
- If your eReader turns on, it means that your battery is low. You can charge your eReader more frequently to prevent the battery from going too low.
- If your eReader doesn’t turn on after charging for one hour, contact Kobo Customer care.
Step 2 of 2: Turn your eReader on and off
If your eReader turns on after charging:
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Wait for 5 seconds.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn your eReader back on.
What to do next:
- If your eReader turns on, try a factory reset.
- Troubleshoot issues connecting your eReader to your computer with a USB cable
- If your eReader doesn’t turn on, contact Kobo Customer care.