Try these steps if you have issues with your eReader.
- Turn your eReader off and then back on again.
- Force your eReader to shut off: If your screen is frozen, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Your eReader should turn off. Turn it back on and see if the issue was fixed.
- Charge your eReader: Turn your eReader off and charge it for at least one hour.
Note: If your eReader isn't charging, try using a different Micro USB cable or a different USB port on your computer. If your eReader's battery is completely drained it can take up to 15 minutes before it reacts to being plugged into power.
- Re-open your book: While reading, tap the centre of the screen to bring up the Reading Menu, tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen, tap Home, then open your book again.
- Repair your Kobo account: If you've recently purchased a book and it doesn't appear on your eReader, try repairing your Kobo account. Read the instructions on how to repair your Kobo account.
- Reset your Kobo eReader.
Still have issues with your eReader? Read the troubleshooting steps here:
If you see a blank screen while reading:
- Some books have blank pages at the beginning or end of chapters and the beginning or end of the book. Try going forward a few pages.
- Go to your Home screen and re-open the book.
- Turn your eReader off and charge it for at least one hour.
Note: If your Kobo device is physically damaged, it is no longer covered by Kobo’s limited warranty. On a Kobo eReader, a physically damaged screen will look like it's shattered, or you may see vertical or horizontal lines on the screen with a frozen image.