Turning your Kobo eReader off or putting it to sleep both help your battery last longer.
The main difference is that when you put your eReader to sleep and then wake it up, you go directly back to the last screen you saw. This could be a page in a book, the Kobo Store, or an area in your Library.
If you turn your eReader off, you’ll go back to your Home page when you turn it on again. Putting your eReader to sleep can interrupt things like syncing and wireless connections.
- Turn on your eReader: Press the power button and hold it for one second. The eReader will turn on and you will see the ‘Powering On’ screen.
- Turn off your eReader: Press the power button and hold it until the ‘Powered Off’ screen appears.
- Put your eReader to sleep: Press the power button and then release it quickly.
- Wake your eReader: Press the power button and then release it.
On most Kobo eReaders, the power button is located at:
- the back of the eReader.
- the side of the eReader.
- the bottom of the eReader.
Older eReader models
If you have an older Kobo eReader, the power button may be located at the top of the eReader.
Older Kobo eReader models have a power slider instead of a power button. To turn your eReader on or off, slide the button towards the right to turn your eReader on or off.
Some Kobo eReader models have a power button on the top. To turn your eReader on or off, press the power button.
Depending on your eReader, the power button may be located in these locations.
- Power button in the middle
- Power button on the right