In this article:
- Create a free Kobo account
- Sign in to your account on Kobo.com
- Other sign-in options
Create a Kobo account
Create a free Kobo account to buy eBooks and audiobooks from Kobo. A Kobo account also lets you use Kobo eReaders, the Kobo Books app, and other Kobo services.
After you create your Kobo account, you'll be able to sign in to Kobo.com, Kobo eReaders and apps, and access all of your Kobo content wherever you read.
You can also sign up using your Facebook or Google account details, or with your username and password from one of Kobo’s partners.
To create a Kobo account:
- Go to Kobo.com.
- Click Create account at the top of the screen.
Sign up for a free Kobo account using one of these ways:
- Under "Create Account" enter your email address and create a password.
- Click Continue with Facebook account or Continue with Google to sign up using your Facebook or Google account information.
- Click Continue.
You'll see a message that asks you to verify your email address.
- Check your email and open the email from Rakuten Kobo.
Click Verify Email.
After your account is verified, you'll see a confirmation message.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen steps to complete the account creation process.
If you didn't get an email from Kobo:
- Check your spam or junk folder
- Check that the email addressed is typed correctly
- Wait 15 minutes and check again.
- Click Resend Email and look for an email from Rakuten Kobo
Sign in to your account on Kobo.com
Sign in to your Kobo account to buy eBooks, audiobooks, and manage your account settings.
- Go to Kobo.com.
Sign in to Kobo:
On your computer:
Click Sign in at the top of the screen.
On your smartphone:
1. Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
2. Tap Sign in.
3. Enter your account credentials.
4. Click Continue.
You'll be signed in to your account if you entered the correct user name and password.
Sign in to Kobo using the Kobo Desktop app (Mac OS and Windows)
To sign in to your account using Kobo Desktop:
- Open the Kobo Desktop app on your computer.
- Click Sign In at the top of the screen.
- Enter your account credentials and click Sign In.
Note: You can select other sign in methods such as Facebook, Google, Apple and more.
To sign in using other accounts, select Facebook, Google, Apple, or More sign-in options and follow the onscreen steps.
Sign in using your Facebook credentials
If you sign in using your Facebook account, you have the choice of activating your account using:
- Your phone or tablet using a QR Code.
- Visiting Kobo.com/activate on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Sign in using a QR Code
To sign in using your phone or tablet, use your phone or tablet to scan the QR code (the square image) and follow the onscreen steps.
Sign in using Kobo.com/activate
You can visit kobo.com/activate and enter the numeric code shown on the screen to sign in to your Kobo account. This can be easier if you don't want to use the QR code method to sign in.
Other sign-in options
- If you sign in with Facebook, Google, click Continue with Facebook or Continue with Google.
- If you sign in with partner account, click More sign-in options and follow the onscreen instructions.
Have trouble signing in?
Try the steps in these articles if you can't sign in: