Some Wi Fi networks are hidden, but you can add them to your eReader’s network list if you know their details.
Before you can add a hidden network to your eReader, you’ll need to delete your existing network connection.
If you don’t remove your current network connection, your eReader will automatically connect to the known network without giving you the opportunity to add the hidden network.
Your eReader doesn’t support networks secured with the WPA Enterprise protocol.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap the More icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wi Fi connection.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap on the network that you'd like to delete.
- Tap Delete.
- Tap at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From your Home page, tap Sync.
- Tap Sync now.
- Your eReader will list available networks.
- Tap Add Network at the bottom of the list.
- Use the keyboard to enter the name of your new network. Note: This is the name (also called an SSID) used by the network's wireless router.
- From the Security list pick the type of encryption used by the network.
- Fill in the appropriate information and tap Join.
Note: If the network doesn't use encryption, tap Open.
- Once you've successfully connected to the network, your eReader will add it to your Known Networks list.