Promo codes can only be applied to eligible eBooks and audiobooks since not all publishers choose to take part in promotions.
If you receive an email that includes a promo code, your promo code will work for a select list of titles only, and only for the duration of the promotion mentioned in your email.
Note: Some promo codes can't be redeemed on a Kobo eReader, so it's best to redeem your promo code on the Kobo website.
Here are some reasons a promo code might not apply to an eBook or audiobook purchase:
- The promo code has expired, or isn't active yet.
- You or someone you share your account with may have already redeemed the promo code. Promo codes are usually good for one time only.
- The promo code may have been entered incorrectly. Promo codes are case sensitive. Enter the promo code exactly as you see it.
- The promo code may not be valid for your chosen eBook or audiobook due to publisher restrictions.
- The promo code may not be eligible in your region.
- You've already applied the maximum ten promo codes to a single purchase.
- You may be using your Kobo eReader to apply a promo code. Try using the promo code on the Kobo website instead.
If you continue to have issues, please contact Kobo Customer Care and let them know:
- Which title you were trying to buy.
- The promo code you were trying to use
- The date and time you tried to make your purchase.