Follow these tips and guidelines to safely clean your eReader's screen and accessories.
Cleaning precautions to keep in mind:
- Avoid use using harsh chemicals like bleach or strong soaps to clean your eReader or accessories. Strong chemicals can discolour or damage your eReader's screen, plastics, and SleepCover accessory.
- Avoid using abrasive materials that can permanently scratch your eReader's screen and plastic body.
- Do not submerge your eReader in water or any type of liquid to clean it.
- Do not spray cleaners or liquids directly into the USB port.
Can I disinfect my eReader?
Alcohol pads—with a 70 percent concentration—can be used to gently wipe the screen only. Do not use alcohol to wipe eReader accessories like your SleepCover, as this can damage and discolour it.
Things to avoid:
- Do not use alcohol or alcohol sprays (such as Lysol) to wipe your Kobo accessories that are leather or polyurethane leather (PU leather).
- Do not get any moisture into the openings of the eReader, like the USB port.
- Do not soak the device in alcohol, bleach, water, or any harsh chemicals.
Clean your screen
Before cleaning your screen
- Make sure there's nothing abrasive—like sand—that's on the screen.
- Use compressed air from a can to remove dirt and dust that may be on the screen.
- Unplug the USB cable from your eReader.
- Turn off your eReader.
To clean your eReader's screen:
- Use a soft lint-free cloth and gently wipe the screen. Do not apply excessive pressure to the screen.
- You can also add water to slightly dampen a soft lint-free cloth before cleaning.
Clean your Kobo Stylus
- Keep in mind: do not allow moisture or water to get in between the stylus tip and the stylus.
- Use a soft lint-free cloth and gently wipe the stylus, but not the stylus tip.
- You can add water to slightly dampen a soft lint-free cloth before cleaning your Kobo Stylus.
Clean your SleepCover
- Use water to slightly dampen a soft lint-free cloth and gently wipe your SleepCover.
- Do not use alcohol or other strong chemicals as this may discolour and damage your SleepCover.