Learn how to fast forward, skip chapters, and more.
With the Kobo App, you can listen to audiobooks you’ve purchased from Kobo.
While listening to an audiobook, you can:
- Skip through audio chapters using the table of contents.
- Listen to any part of the audio using the timeline scrubber.
- Adjust playback speed.
- Set a timer so that the audiobook stops playing by itself after a set duration.
You can go to any chapter of an audiobook.
- While listening to an audiobook, tap the menu icon at the top of the screen, then tap Table of Contents. The table of contents will appear.
- Tap on the chapter that you'd like to listen to.
Fast-forward, rewind, listen
While listening to an audiobook, you can skip to any portion of the chapter that you’d like. For example, you can skip 10 seconds ahead, or go back 10 seconds. If you want to listen to a specific portion of audio again, just slide your finger across the scrubber to go to your favourite part of the chapter.
While listening to an audiobook, here are a few things you can do:
- Skip chapters: Tap the menu icon at the top of the screen, tap Table of Contents, then select the chapter.
- Go ahead or backwards 10 seconds: tap the or arrow icons to skip ahead or go backwards 10 seconds of the audio.
- Fast forward or rewind: slide your finger on the scrubber at the bottom of the screen to go to a specific portion of the audiobook. To go back to the portion of audio you just listened to, tap the or marker icon.
- Use the sleep timer: Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen, tap Sleep Timer, then select when you'd like the audio to stop playing.
- Adjust playback speed: Tap at the top of the screen, then select the speed you'd like the audio to be played. This can be helpful if you want to get through an audiobook quicker.