If your car has Apple CarPlay, you can listen to your Kobo audiobooks through the car’s speakers by connecting your iPhone.
- Your car must have Apple CarPlay
- iPad does not support Apple CarPlay
- You must be in a region that supports Kobo AudioBooks
Step 1: Download audiobooks onto your iPhone
- Open the Kobo App on your iPhone.
- Tap Audiobooks at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the audiobook covers to download it onto your iPhone.
Note: The audiobook must be fully downloaded.
Step 2: Connect and listen
- Connect your iPhone to Apple CarPlay. Note: Refer to your car’s instruction manual for details on how to connect.
- On your car’s display, tap Downloaded Audiobooks.
If you want to listen to audiobook samples that you haven’t purchased, tap Samples. You’ll need to have internet connection on your iPhone.
- Tap on an audiobook title to listen.
CarPlay audiobook controls
When you open an audiobook, you’ll see a screen similar to the one below.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Tap the icons to go backwards or forwards 10 seconds.
- Tap the pause or play icon to resume or pause audio.
- Tap Back to see your audiobook list.