You can add non-protected PDF files and non-protected ePub files onto your Kobo eReader.
If your file has Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection, you won't be able to read it on your eReader with this method. To add DRM-protected files to your eReader, follow the steps in this article.
To add a non-protected PDF or ePub file to your eReader:
- Turn on your eReader.
- Connect the micro USB cable to your eReader and to your computer.
- On your eReader, tap Connect when you see the 'Computer detected' window.
- On your computer, look for a drive named 'KOBOeReader'.
- Drag the PDF or ePub file into the 'Kobo eReader' drive. You'll see a "Importing content" message on your eReader.
- Eject your eReader: Right-click on the 'KOBOeReader' drive on your computer and click Eject.
To find the file you just added on your eReader:
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap My Books.
- Tap the name of the book you added to start reading.
To learn how to get around a PDF file, follow the steps here: