If you see an error message after trying to eject your eReader, or if your eReader does not eject properly, try these steps to fix the problem.
Here are some reasons your eReader might not eject properly:
- A program on your computer is accessing your eReader.
- An anti-virus or anti-malware program may be performing a scan.
- A file manager window is open and displaying the contents of your eReader.
- A program has opened a file on your eReader.
- The operating system is indexing the contents of your eReader.
Follow these steps to eject your eReader:
- Wait for your application to finish using your eReader, and then try to eject the eReader again.
- Close any windows and applications that may be accessing your eReader, and then try to eject the eReader again.
- Shut down your computer and unplug your eReader.