OverDrive is a free service that lets you borrow eBooks from your local library’s digital collection.
After you borrow an eBook from your library, you can read it on your Kobo eReader.
Here are the most common questions about the OverDrive service. Click the questions below to learn more.
- The built-in OverDrive feature for Kobo eReaders is only compatible in:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- The built-in OverDrive feature is only available for these Kobo eReaders:
- Kobo Elipsa
- Kobo Nia
- Kobo Libra H2O
- Kobo Forma
- Kobo Aura ONE
- Kobo Aura Edition 2
- Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
- Kobo Clara HD
- Borrow an eBook with OverDrive on your Kobo eReader
- Which Kobo eReaders supports OverDrive?
- What country is OverDrive available in?
- How do I install OverDrive?
- How do I know which eBooks I borrowed, and which eBooks I purchased?
- When do I need to return my eBook with OverDrive?
- How many people can borrow an eBook at a time from the library?
- How do I return an eBook I borrowed?
- How many books can I check out at a time?
- Can I renew eBooks I’ve borrowed with OverDrive?
- Can I download borrowed books from my device and from my computer?
- OverDrive limitations on the Kobo Books app
Your public library account
- What if I forgot my library card number or PIN?
- Do I need a library card to borrow an eBook?
- What does ‘Place a hold’ mean?
- Does my OverDrive account replace my library card or account?