Promo codes provide discounts that apply to select books and audiobooks in the Kobo Store. Most promo codes can only be used once.
If you receive an email from Kobo that includes a promo code, it will be valid on a select list of titles only and must be used within the dates of the promotion in the email.
Note: Some publishers do not discount their eBooks or audiobooks. This means that promo codes do not work on all titles in the Kobo Store.
Before you start:
Use a promo code on Kobo.com
To use a promo code:
- When you’re ready to complete your purchase:
- Click the shopping cart icon and then click Checkout if you have multiple titles to buy.
- Click Buy Now if you are purchasing a single eBook or audiobook.
- Click Add promo code on the right hand side of the checkout page.
- Enter your promo code in the box and click Apply.
- If the promo code is valid and can be applied to the item(s) you're buying, your order total will change to show your discount.
- Repeat this step for any additional promo codes you want to apply.
Note: Promo codes are case-sensitive. Make sure that you enter upper and lowercase letters as you see them in the promo code.
- Click Complete Purchase.
Problems with promo codes on Kobo.com
Promo codes can only be applied to eligible eBooks and audiobooks since not all publishers choose to take part in promotions.
If you receive an email that includes a promo code, your promo code will work for a select list of titles only, and only for the duration of the promotion mentioned in your email.
Note: Some promo codes can't be redeemed on a Kobo eReader, so it's best to redeem your promo code on the Kobo website.
Here are some reasons a promo code might not apply to an eBook or audiobook purchase:
- The promo code has expired, or isn't active yet.
- You or someone you share your account with may have already redeemed the promo code. Promo codes are usually good for one time only.
- The promo code may have been entered incorrectly. Promo codes are case sensitive. Enter the promo code exactly as you see it.
- The promo code may not be valid for your chosen eBook or audiobook due to publisher restrictions.
- The promo code may not be eligible in your region.
- You've already applied the maximum ten promo codes to a single purchase.
- You may be using your Kobo eReader to apply a promo code. Try using the promo code on the Kobo website instead.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, try switching your browser to Google Chrome or Firefox for PC users, Safari for Mac users. The Kobo website is optimized to work on these browsers.
If you continue to have issues, please contact Kobo Customer Care and let them know:
- Which title you were trying to buy.
- The promo code you were trying to use
- The date and time you tried to make your purchase.