Your Kobo Sage PowerCover has a built-in battery to extend your eReader’s battery life. It also protects your eReader’s screen when not in use.
Note: PowerCover is only compatible with Kobo Sage.
Your Kobo Sage PowerCover lets you:
- Charge your Kobo Sage using the PowerCover.
- Store your Kobo Stylus (sold separately) within the PowerCover.
- Put your eReader to sleep mode by simply closing the PowerCover.
Install the PowerCover
Follow these steps to install the PowerCover onto your Kobo Sage.
Align the pins on your Kobo Sage to the charging pins on the PowerCover.
The charging pins are located near the power button on your eReader.
Gently push your Kobo Sage into the PowerCover case. The PowerCover case should be snug and secure.
Charge your PowerCover
Your PowerCover has a built-in battery that charges your Kobo Sage to extend its battery life.
After you’ve installed the PowerCover onto your Kobo Sage, you can charge your PowerCover and Kobo Sage at the same time.
When charging the PowerCover using your computer's USB port, your Kobo eReader’s battery will get charged first. After your Kobo eReader is fully charged, your PowerCover will begin to charge.
It can take 2-4 hours to fully charge your Kobo eReader and PowerCover using a USB wall adapter (not included).
To charge your PowerCover:
- With the PowerCover installed, connect the USB cable into your Kobo Sage.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to your computer, or a USB wall adapter.
Note: Optionally, you can charge your eReader with any USB wall charger. The USB wall charger must be rated for 5V, between 0.8A to 2A. When using a wall charger, charging times may be reduced.
Store your Kobo Stylus
The built-in stylus holder lets you store your Kobo Stylus so that you won't misplace it.
Note: Kobo Stylus is sold separately.
To store your Kobo Stylus when not in use, gently push your Kobo Stylus into the stylus holder.
Check your PowerCover battery levels
To check the battery status of your PowerCover:
- With the PowerCover installed, tap the battery icon on the Home Screen.
You'll see the battery status of your eReader and PowerCover.
Battery status messages
Here are a few examples of the messages you'll see when you check your battery status. Depending if you have a PowerCover installed, or if you have a Kobo Stylus (sold separately), you'll see different messages.
When your eReader or PowerCover is charging, you'll see 'Charging' next to the status.
Kobo Sage with no PowerCover installed
Kobo Sage with PowerCover installed and charging
Kobo Sage charging with PowerCover installed and Kobo Stylus charged
- Connect your Bluetooth speaker or headphones to your Kobo Sage or Kobo Libra 2
- Listen to audiobooks using your Kobo Sage or Kobo Libra 2
- Buy audiobooks on your Kobo Sage or Kobo Libra 2
- Find audiobooks on your Kobo Sage or Kobo Libra 2
- Troubleshoot Bluetooth pairing on your Kobo Sage or Kobo Libra 2