Add eBooks onto your Kobo eReader by syncing.
Syncing your Kobo eReader:
- Downloads eBooks you’ve recently purchased onto your Kobo eReader.
- Downloads eBook previews you've added to your account.
- Checks for eReader software updates.
- Updates any bookmarks or annotations that you’ve made to your eBooks.
Before you start
- Make sure you have access to a Wi Fi network.
To sync your eReader over Wi Fi:
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap the Sync icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap Sync now.
Your eReader will connect to Wi Fi and download any eBooks or updates that are available.
What happens after you sync?
- If you’re connected to Wi Fi, your eBooks will be added to your Kobo eReader’s Home screen and to your 'My Books' menu.
- If you are within range of a known network, your eReader automatically joins that network and will begin syncing.
- If you are not within range of a known network, your eReader will begin the Adding a Network process.
- If you have trouble connecting to Wi Fi, try the steps here.
How do you start reading?
Still don't see your book? Try the steps below:
- Troubleshoot missing books on your Kobo eReader.
- If you've purchased an audiobook, you'll need to use the Kobo Books app to listen to it on your smartphone or tablet. Kobo eReaders do not support audiobooks.
- Try syncing using the Kobo Desktop app if you have trouble syncing over Wi Fi.
- Seeing a 'Content Lock' or 'Authorization' error message? Read about using Adobe Digital Editions.