Your Kobo Stylus uses one replaceable AAAA battery. Under normal use, your battery should last several months.
Note: Kobo Stylus only works with Kobo Elipsa.
When your Kobo Stylus battery is low, you'll see an onscreen message to remind you to replace the stylus battery. Learn about the Kobo Stylus battery status.
If you haven’t used your Kobo Stylus in a while, inspect the batteries to ensure they are in good condition. Be sure the battery isn’t corroded or bloated. If the battery appears to be in bad condition, discard it and use new batteries.
To replace your Kobo Stylus battery:
- Twist the end of the stylus counterclockwise to remove the cap.
- Remove the old battery.
- Insert the new AAAA battery.
Tip: The battery is marked with a plus (+) and minus (-) symbol. Insert the battery with the plus (+) symbol into the stylus.
- Place the stylus cap over your Kobo Stylus and twist clockwise to secure the stylus cap in place.
Learn more about using your Kobo Stylus
- About your Kobo Stylus
- Check your Kobo Stylus battery status
- Change your Kobo Stylus tip
- Troubleshoot your Kobo Stylus
- Use gestures to edit handwriting
- Use Kobo Elipsa as a notebook
- Write notes in your book with Kobo Stylus
- Highlight text with your Kobo Stylus
- About Dark mode (Kobo Elipsa only)
- Use your SleepCover with Kobo Elipsa
- About Kobo Elipsa