Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, and Kobo Elipsa 2E recognizes gestures made with your Kobo Stylus to make editing and writing notes easy.
You can use gestures to edit your handwriting.
Note: You can only use handwriting gestures when you select an Advanced notebook. Learn more here: Use Kobo Sage and Kobo Elipsa as a notebook.
Cross out or scribble over the word or letter you want to erase.
You can also press the Erase button on your Kobo Stylus and erase the word or letter.
To join two words together, draw a line from the bottom of the word to the top.
Add a space in between letters
To add a space in between two letters, draw a line from the top of the letter to the bottom.
Create bolded headings by drawing one or two lines underneath the word. The headings will appear after you convert your handwriting into text.
To create a main header, draw two lines under your word:
To create a sub-header, draw one line under your word:
For example, to create a sub-header:
- Draw a line under your word.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap Convert All.
Your handwriting will be converted into a header.
To highlight a word or a sentence, draw a box around the word or sentence.
For example, if you want your converted text to have a highlight:
- Draw a box around the word or sentence you’d like to highlight.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen, then tap Convert All.
Your converted text will appear as a highlight.
Numbers and bullets
You can write numbers, dashes, and other symbols in your notes. Your eReader recognizes most symbols.
Here’s a small sample of the symbols that you can convert to text within an Advanced notebook.
|Handwritten symbol||Result after conversion|
Here are a few common symbols that you can use while writing notes.
Learn more about using your Kobo Stylus
- About Kobo Stylus 2 (Released in 2023)
- Troubleshoot your Kobo Stylus
- Use gestures to edit handwriting
- Write notes in your book with Kobo Stylus
- Highlight text with your Kobo Stylus
Kobo Stylus (2021)
- About Kobo Stylus
- Check your Kobo Stylus battery status
- Replace your Kobo Stylus battery
- Change your Kobo Stylus tip
Kobo eReaders compatible with Kobo Stylus
- Kobo Elipsa
- Kobo Sage
- Kobo Elipsa 2E