You may have to replace the tip of your Kobo Stylus if you notice that the stylus isn’t as responsive as it used to be. To buy additional Kobo Stylus Replacement Tips, visit the Kobo Store.
Note: Kobo Stylus only works with Kobo Elipsa.
Where is the Kobo Stylus tip located?
Your Kobo Stylus tip is located at the end of your Kobo Stylus.
Is the Kobo Stylus tip pre-installed on the Kobo Stylus?
Your Kobo Stylus tip is pre-installed so that you can use your stylus right away. Your Kobo Stylus includes one extra Kobo Stylus Replacement Tip.
When should I replace the stylus tip?
When writing on Kobo Elipsa using your Kobo Stylus, your stylus should feel like a ballpoint pen gliding on a page. If you notice that your Kobo Stylus doesn't feel smooth when writing on the screen, try replacing the stylus tip.
Your Kobo Stylus tip is designed to withstand long-term use. It's recommended to change your stylus tip when you notice that your Kobo Stylus isn't as responsive as it once was.
You can also visually inspect the tip of your Kobo Stylus. There should be a wear layer that protects the stylus from scratching the screen. When you notice that this wear layer is thin, replace your stylus tip with a new one.
Where do I buy Kobo Stylus Replacement Tips?
You can purchase Kobo Stylus Replacement Tips from the Kobo Store, or where Kobo eReaders are sold. Kobo Stylus Replacement Tips are sold in packs of five.
Change your Kobo Stylus tip
To change your Kobo Stylus with a new replacement tip:
- Place the tip replacement tool over the stylus tip.
Note: The actual colour of the stylus tip is black.
- Align the stylus tip so that it’s locked into the narrow opening of the tip replacement tool.
- Gently pull the tip replacement tool to remove the stylus tip.
- Gently push the new stylus tip into your Kobo Stylus.
It may take gentle pressure to ensure the stylus tip is secure into the stylus.
Learn more about using your Kobo Stylus
- About your Kobo Stylus
- Check your Kobo Stylus battery status
- Replace your Kobo Stylus battery
- Troubleshoot your Kobo Stylus
- Use gestures to edit handwriting
- Use Kobo Elipsa as a notebook
- Write notes in your book with Kobo Stylus
- Highlight text with your Kobo Stylus
- About Dark mode (Kobo Elipsa only)
- Use your SleepCover with Kobo Elipsa
- About Kobo Elipsa