If you can't sign in to your Kobo eReader with your Apple ID, you'll need to link your Apple ID account to your Kobo account.
We're experiencing issues with Apple ID sign in with Kobo eReaders and the Kobo Desktop app. To continue signing in to your Kobo eReader and Kobo Desktop using your Apple ID account, follow the steps below.
Step 1 of 2: Sign to your Kobo account using your Apple ID
- Go to Kobo.com.
- Click Sign in near the top of the screen.
- Select Sign in with Apple.
- Enter your Apple credentials to sign in.
Note: For Apple ID troubleshooting steps, visit the official Apple Support page.
Step 2 of 2: Link your Apple ID with your Rakuten Kobo account
After you've signed in to your Kobo account using your Apple ID, follow these steps to link your Apple ID with your Rakuten Kobo account.
- Click My Account near the top of the screen.
- Click Account Settings.
- Beside 'My Kobo Account', click Link Kobo Account.
Note: You can link your Apple ID with partner accounts if you have one (for example, a Facebook or Google account).
- Enter your Kobo account credentials and click Sign in.
If you don't have a Rakuten Kobo account, click Create Kobo account and follow the onscreen steps.
If you can't remember your password, click Forgot password? to reset it.
- Complete the security check questions to finish the sign in process. Once you're signed in, you'll see a confirmation message.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
- After your accounts are linked you'll see a confirmation message. Sign in to your Kobo eReader or Kobo Desktop using your new partner account credentials.