We're experiencing issues with Apple ID sign in with Kobo eReaders and the Kobo Desktop app. If you can't sign in to your Kobo eReader or Kobo Desktop App with your Apple ID, you'll need to link your Apple ID account to your Kobo account.
Step 1 of 2: Sign in to your Kobo account using your Apple ID
- Go to Kobo.com.
- Click Sign in near the top of the screen.
- Select Sign in with Apple.
- Enter your Apple credentials to sign in.
Note: For Apple ID troubleshooting steps, visit the official Apple Support page.
Step 2 of 2: Link your Apple ID with your Rakuten Kobo account
After you've signed in to your Kobo account using your Apple ID, follow these steps to link your Apple ID with your Rakuten Kobo account.
- Click My Account near the top of the screen.
- Click Account Settings.
- Beside 'My Kobo Account', click Link Kobo Account.
Note: You can link your Apple ID with partner accounts if you have one (for example, a Facebook or Google account).
- Enter your Kobo account credentials and click Sign in.
If you don't have a Rakuten Kobo account, click Create Kobo account and follow the onscreen steps.
If you can't remember your password, click Forgot password? to reset it.
- Complete the security check questions to finish the sign in process. Once you're signed in, you'll see a confirmation message.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
- After your accounts are linked you'll see a confirmation message. Sign in to your Kobo eReader or the Kobo Desktop App using your new partner account credentials.
Sign in using your Kobo Glo eReader
If you've recently signed out of your Kobo Glo eReader and want to use your Apple ID credentials to sign in, follow the steps below. Before you start, make sure you have access to a smartphone or computer with internet access.
- Turn on your Kobo Glo to and follow the onscreen steps to start the set up process.
- When you see the Sign-In screen, tap More sign in-options at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Apple.
You'll see a screen with a QR code and a passcode.
- Using your smartphone or computer you can either:
- Go to: http://www.kobo.com/activatedevice or;
- Scan the QR code using your smartphone.
- Enter the code that you see on your eReader's screen with the QR code and click Continue.
You'll be re-directed to the Apple ID sign in page.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials and click Continue.
Your eReader will automatically sign-in to your account.