Your Kobo Stylus lets you write on your Kobo Sage or Kobo Elipsa's screen. For example, if you’re reading a cookbook, you might want to jot notes on the margins of the page.
You can even use the built-in notebook feature to write notes and convert them to text.
You can use Kobo Stylus to make notes on these file formats:
- ePub (.epub)
- Kobo ePub (.kepub)
- Non-protected PDF files
An overview of your Kobo Stylus
Highlighter and Eraser buttons
Your Kobo Stylus is designed to mimic a real pen with extra features:
- Highlighter button (#1) – Press and hold to highlight text.
- Eraser button (#2) – Press and hold to erase text or lines.
Pressure sensitive stylus tip
Depending on how much pressure you apply, you can create different types of lines just like a real pen.
- To create thick lines, apply moderate pressure while writing.
- To create thin lines, apply light pressure while writing.
If you notice that your eReader's screen requires cleaning after using your Kobo Stylus, follow the screen cleaning guidelines here:
Learn more about using your Kobo Stylus
- About Kobo Stylus 2 (Released in 2023)
- Troubleshoot your Kobo Stylus
- Use gestures to edit handwriting
- Write notes in your book with Kobo Stylus
- Highlight text with your Kobo Stylus
Kobo Stylus (2021)
- About Kobo Stylus
- Check your Kobo Stylus battery status
- Replace your Kobo Stylus battery
- Change your Kobo Stylus tip
Kobo eReaders compatible with Kobo Stylus
- Kobo Elipsa
- Kobo Sage
- Kobo Elipsa 2E