If a factory reset didn't solve your problem, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings.
After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again.
Before you start:
- Charge your eReader for at least 1 hour.
- Make sure you have access to a Wi Fi connection.
- If possible, turn off your eReader.
Note: If your eReader doesn't turn off, try holding the power button to the right until you see Powered off on your screen.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home button, slide the power button to the right several times to turn on your eReader.
- Continue holding the Home button and wait until the power light blinks rapidly.
- Let go of the Home button.
You'll see a Restoring message on the screen.
Set up your eReader
After you reset your eReader, set it up over Wi Fi or with the Kobo Desktop app on your computer.
Note: If you have issues setting up your Kobo eReader over Wi Fi, use the Kobo Desktop app to set up your eReader with your computer.