If a factory reset didn't solve your problem, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings.
After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again.
Before you start:
- Charge your eReader for at least 1 hour.
- Make sure you have access to a Wi Fi connection.
- If possible, turn off your eReader.
Note: If your eReader doesn't turn off, try pressing and holding the power button until you see 'Powered off' on your screen.
- Insert a paper clip into the small hole beside the Micro USB slot and push gently.
You'll feel a click and your eReader will reset itself.
- When you see square icons on the screen, insert a paper clip into the small hole beside the Micro USB slot and push gently.
- Repeat step 3 two more times.
- Your eReader's screen will turn black, and show a Critical error message. Don't worry, this is normal.
- Tap the check mark icon at the bottom of the screen to reset your eReader. You'll see a Restoring message on the screen.
Set up your eReader
After you reset your eReader, set it up over Wi Fi or with the Kobo Desktop app on your computer.
Note: If you have issues setting up your Kobo eReader over Wi Fi, use the Kobo Desktop app to set up your eReader with your computer.